We need You in Austin Feb. 26
They’re asking how to PROTECT your gun rights.
The Texas Legislature wants to know YOUR opinion on how they should protect the right to bear arms. ?
That’s right – they are actually asking to hear from the public on this issue.
It is critical that we show up and tell them why Texas must pass Constitutional Carry and end gun-free zones!
Join us at the Capitol on Feb. 26 to give our recommendations! ?
Senate State Affairs Committee
Interim hearing on 2A issues
- Examine Second Amendment legislation passed since the 84th Legislative Session including open carry, campus carry, and lowering the license to carry fee.
- Determine the impact these laws have made on furthering and protecting Second Amendment rights.
- Make recommendations that may further protect and enhance Texans’ Second Amendment right to bear arms.
Our priorities are passing Constitutional Carry and ending gun-free zones, beginning in K-12 schools, but we need your help to show the committee how much you care about these policies.
GOA activists attend a legislative hearing at the Texas Capitol.
You will have 3 minutes to speak. Please begin preparing your testimony now! Tell them what you want, tell them why they should do it, and if possible, share a personal story explaining why this is important to you.
Here are some testimony ideas and resources:
- GOA factsheets on many gun rights issues
- Constitutional Carry factsheet – this explains the specific bill filed in Texas last year, HB 375
- Another Constitutional Carry factsheet – from our friends the Texas Young Republicans
- School Carry info sheet – facts and data that support ending the gun carry ban in K-12 schools
- Come And Take It – new research paper from Texas Public Policy Foundation with useful TX data
- Crimeresearch.org – John Lott’s website with data on many gun-related issues
- Personal stories! Facts and figures don’t change hearts and minds, but your stories will.
Need help? Join our meet-up the night before the hearing. Come have pizza, meet friendly faces, and finish preparing your testimony! ?
Testimony Prep Meet-Up
Wednesday, Feb. 25 | 4-8 PM (come and go)
Central Texas Gun Works
321 W Ben White Blvd #203, Austin, TX 78704
Make sure you join our Texas GOA Facebook Group for updates and information on future events.
Recent GOA News & Updates
June 17, 2021
Texas becomes the 21st Constitutional Carry state!
June 11, 2021