GOA Texas Talking Points Booklet
This booklet is designed to help you craft informed, relevant, and important testimony for all of our gun rights hearings this session.
Inside this year’s talking point booklet are three sections that will help you not only be a pro at testifying but will make sure you use your limited time and resources efficiently while making the biggest impact.
This handbook was designed for you.
SECTION ONE: Our Right to Bear Arms
- Constitutional Carry
- Ending “Gun-Free” Zones
- Use-of-Force Protections
- Reducing Carry Regulations
- Further Infringing on the Right to Carry
SECTION TWO: Our Right to Keep Arms
- Protection Against Federal Infringements
- Repeal of Emergency Powers
- Suppressor Freedom
- Curtailing “No-Knock” Raids
- “Red Flag” Gun Confiscation
- Universal Background Checks
- Gun Show Restrictions
- Storage & Access Regulations
- Firearm & Magazine Bans
- Restrictions on Transfer & Possession
SECTION THREE: How YOU can Protect Your Rights
- Gun Rights Action Items
- Learn the Secrets of the Texas Legislature
- Testimony & Committee Information
- Quick Links & Contact Information
Recent GOA News & Updates
June 17, 2021
Texas becomes the 21st Constitutional Carry state!
June 11, 2021