January 3, 2023
2A News & Notes
The 88th Legislative Session begins on January 10, 2023, and dozens of gun control bills have been pre-filed. The deadline to file bills is March 10, 2023, then the House and Senate will begin considering bills to move to committees.
GOA will need your help to keep our priority bills moving towards the Governor’s desk. Make sure you are receiving GOA Texas email alerts. It is the best way to know when to call committee chairs and members to ask for a Second Amendment favorable vote!
- Jan 9 True Texas Project – Travis County
- Jan 10 GOA Meet Up- Texas State Capitol
- Jan 16 True Texas Project- Collin County
- Jan 17 True Texas Project- Denton County
- Jan 25 GOA Virtual Town Hall “Lobby Day”
GOA Town Hall “Lobby Day” – January 25, 2023 at 7pm
We will be joined by YouTube’s Armed Attorneys
Richard D. Hayes, II and Emily Taylor to:
- Brief you on the 2A related bills that have been filed
- Give you effective talking points on all the major gun issues
- Help you develop effective strategies when contacting legislators
- Connect you with other grassroots activists