Texas: Send this to Speaker Bonnen NOW
Speaker Bonnen doesn’t know what Constitutional Carry means
Once again, Speaker Bonnen has made it obvious that he does not at all understand Constitutional Carry or your right to keep and bear arms.Constitutional Carry Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Does (1)
On Sunday evening the Speaker referred to our Constitutional Carry bill, HB 357, as “legislation that threatens the safety of our communities and makes it near impossible for law enforcement to distinguish between law abiding gun owners and criminals.”
This ridiculous statement follows a slew of other fake news he’s been propagating on social media and in press statements, such as the following:
- People who want constitutional carry are “fringe activists” — FALSE
- HB 357 would allow criminals to legally carry guns — FALSE
- Constitutional Carry is bad policy — FALSE
- It’s dangerous to allow people to carry a gun without a license and proper training — FALSE
So let’s help him out!
I have a handout titled, “Constitutional Carry Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Does” that will supply him with the facts he is obviously missing.
I need YOU to mail him a copy of this factsheet THIS WEEK — as soon as possible!
- Print up a copy of the handout (regular paper is fine, and black and white is fine). Find it right here.
- If possible, add a handwritten note. Be professional but firm. Let him know that Constitutional Carry is good policy and helps keep Texans safe.
- Address a stamped envelope to:
Speaker Dennis Bonnen
P.O. Box 2910
Austin, TX 78768
- Drop it in a mailbox.
Please spread the word to your friends, neighbors, and local shooting groups, and ask them to mail the Speaker a copy of this handout also.
We need to help him understand what Constitutional Carry actually is!
Just a reminder: stay professional and keep your cool while you speak truth on the phone, online, and in person. Our message is stronger when we stay on point, avoid personal attacks (and avoid taking things personally), and focus on speaking the facts firmly and clearly.
Thanks for helping spread the message that Texans are safer with Constitutional Carry!
For more truth bombs and mythbusting on Constitutional Carry, see my video.
Texas Directory, Gun Owners of America
P.S. If you’d like to see an in-depth analysis of why Constitutional Carry is being stalled out in Texas, please read this extensive post from April 6.
If you’d like help knowing how to understand what you’re hearing in the news, please see this post from April 22.
Recent GOA News & Updates
June 16, 2022