Show up on March 25th to support Constitutional Carry!
It’s about time for Texas to get on board with all the other states who recognize the right of their citizens to carry handguns without having to ask the government for permission.
So we are thrilled that all the Constitutional Carry bills in the Texas House are scheduled for a hearing on Thursday, March 25, 2021 in the Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee.
If possible, plan to come to Austin and testify in person. You’ll be able to speak for 2 minutes. We expect the hearing to last late into the night, so be prepared. Sign up at the link below to get help with carpools and lodging.
If you can’t come to Austin, you can give input online anytime between now and the end of the hearing.
Constitutional Carry bills that will allow those who can legally possess a handgun to carry it without a permit:
- HB 1238 by Biedermann
- HB 1911 by White (pending committee substitute to incorporate necessary portions of HB 821)
- HB 1927 by Schaefer
- HB 2900 by Hefner
Note that there are also other bills in this hearing that we support — and some that we oppose. Check back for details.
Take Action Now!
1. Learn more.
- View the hearing notice
- See more about Constitutional Carry
- Join us on Monday, 3/22 @ 8 pm for a Zoom meeting to discuss the hearing.
2. Spread the Word.
3. Tell the committee to support Constitutional Carry.
- Submit a written statement to the committee (CLICK HERE).
- Write a few sentences (or a couple of paragraphs) explaining why Constitutional Carry is important to you.
- See our Constitutional Carry handout for bill numbers and explanations.
- Note that the bills are slightly different. Tell the committee what you like about each bill.
- GOA supports permitless carry for lawful gun owners age 18+, and advocates for no distinctions between LTC and permitless carry.
- Comments will be open from now until the hearing is over.
- During business hours, call the committee members and ask them to vote YES for Constitutional Carry in the Homeland Security hearing — HB 1238, HB 1911, HB 1927, HB 2900.
- Chair: James White (R) — 512-463-0490 (thank him for authoring HB 1911 and tell him you look forward to a committee substitute that ensures his bill applies to all who can legally possess a firearm)
- Vice Chair: Rhetta Andrews Bowers (D) — 512-463-0464
- Rep. Vikki Goodwin (D) — 512-463-0652
- Rep. Sam Harless (R) — 512-463-0496
- Rep. Cole Hefner (R) — 512-463-0271 (thank him for authoring HB 2900)
- Rep. Eddie Morales (D) — 512-463-0566
- Rep. Jared Patterson (R) — 512-463-0694 (thank him for co-authoring Constitutional Carry bills)
- Rep. Matt Schaefer (R) —512-463-0584 (thank him for authoring HB 1927)
- Rep. Tony Tinderholt (R) — 512-463-0624 (thank him for co-authoring Constitutional Carry bills)
- If possible: come to Austin testify in person (you’ll have 2 minutes; share why this is important to you and how it will help keep you and your family safer and protect your rights)
If you have not done so already, please fill out this form to let us know you will be there and to let us know if you need us to connect you with carpools or lodging options.